PE Key Stage 2 overview
Students will continue to apply and develop a broader range of skills whilst gaining in confidence. They will consolidate skills and improve their control whilst refining techniques. Tasks are differentiated to accommodate all levels of learners and ensure consistent progression.
Students will build upon the skills learnt in Key Stage 1 and be taught to:
- use running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination.
- play competitive games, modified where appropriate and apply principles for attacking and defending.
- develop and enhance the components of fitness (flexibility, agility, balance, co-ordination, reaction time, endurance, speed and strength).
- perform dances using a range of more complex motifs and choreography principles.
- engage in Outdoor & Adventurous activities, solving problems whilst working as an affective team.
- analyse their own and others performance, sharing views on ways to improve. Learning to observe and give feedback in a positive and useful manner.
- understand the effects of exercise on the body using appropriate vocabulary, forming good lifestyle choices for the future.
Curriculum Areas Experienced:
|Health Related Fitness
|Outdoor & Adventurous Activities
|Swimming (Year 4)