I am very proud to be the Headteacher of Chantry Primary Academy. We are a values-based school focused on empowering our pupils to be the best they can be.
Our ethos is built on Chantry's Values (which incorporate British Values), these include unity, respect, tolerance and friendship. With our wow-factors and a book based learning experience, we believe that Chantry offers an excellent educational experience for our pupils.
Chantry is a successful school which is a unique and exciting place to be. Children succeed at Chantry thanks to high quality learning experiences provided by our extensive and dedicated team. They also enjoy our creative approach to learning and feel secure in our caring school environment.
Our website aims to keep our school community up to date with events and information about our school. Please take the time to browse the site to learn more about the exciting opportunities that children have here.
We had an Ofsted inspection in February 2014 which found that Chantry is a good school where teachers have high expectations of pupils. As a result of these high expectations progress in writing is particularly strong and standards in reading are rapidly improving. In addition, inspectors said that: "The school promotes pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development exceptionally well through the teaching of the school's values and different subjects, including sports, music and art." We invite you to read the full report by clicking here.
At Chantry we make it our mission to provide a safe, structured, supportive environment for childrne to learn, flourish and grow as individuals. This is achieved through collaboration between all staff and pupils, through Chantry's Values Programme and a caring 'family' approach.
Children learn through an innovative book based curriculum, taking part in experiences and activities in our 'wow-factors' which help to create a unique learning experience for our pupils. We have high expectations of our children and we have excellent relationships with parents and carers to ensure that children are effectively supported in their learning and in their lives.
Chantry has 90 places each September for Reception pupils, with 510 children currently in the main school. In addition, we have a further 78 places for children aged 3 - 4 in our Nursery. We support children of all abilities and have specialist staff to support up to 12 children with visual impairments. We also work with local schools to provide support for up to 6 children who have additional behavioural needs.
We work closely with other local schools as part of the West Area Partnership and share the same expectations. We support one another in a range of ways, including the sharing of good ideas, shared staff training.
- Promote a set of strong values in order to develop children’s moral understanding and development.
- Work with ‘the whole child’ to develop children’s understanding of themselves, their values system and their part in the local community and wider society.
- Be a nurturing, fun environment where every child and adult has an equal opportunity to learn, to reach their full potential and to be recognised and valued as an individual.
- Provide a rich and exciting curriculum which takes account of children's different stages of development.
- Meet the needs of every child in an inclusive environment which promotes equal opportunity of access to the curriculum.
- Work positively with parents, governors and our community to develop a strong partnership in supporting children’s learning
Mrs. Corisande Bateman, Headteacher