The Family Support Team has been established within the school since 2001, supporting families in many aspects of their children's school life.
Over the years we have helped families access information and support by:
• Helping them to manage the many challenges of bringing up children, through our New Tactics courses
• Encouraging parents/carers of pre-school children, to attend our PEEP sessions for 0 – 3 years, with the emphasis around speaking and listening
• Linking home and school, through pre-school home visits
• Offering home visits for new admissions and late entries
• Running a wide range of healthy eating workshops
• Guiding parents to help their children with homework and learning logs
• Offering opportunities for outdoor activities through our Gardening Club
• Providing access to Family and Adult Learning courses run in partnership with this community resource
• Giving parents training and support in our Read On scheme, which helps children improve outcomes in reading
• Introducing different ways families can learn about our Family Values starting in their child’s Reception year
A member of the Family Support Team is always available during our Drop-in Sessions at the beginning and end of the day.
Please see a copy of our latest Activity Programme which includes a booking form for our courses.